How to Change your PCP
It’s easy to change your primary care provider physician (PCP).
Follow the simple steps below to choose or change your PCP online.
I want to search for PCPs before choosing one
- Click on the “Find a Doctor Search Tool” link below to search for a PCP by name, location or specialty. You can also search for doctors who are accepting new patients and can serve as your PCP.
- Once you know the name of the PCP you want, write down or copy the name. Follow the steps below to make your change.
Find a Doctor Search Tool
I know the name of the PCP I want
Change your PCP
- Click on the “Change your PCP” link below. Log in to your secure account and select a new doctor.
- If you don’t have a secure account, create one by entering your information on the “Register” page. You’ll need the member ID number on your ID card to register.
- Enter the name of the PCP you want in the PCP Name field. Be sure the doctor’s name is spelled correctly. Make sure the ZIP code matches the area you want to search and choose “Continue.”
- Don’t see the PCP you’re looking for? Check your spelling and search again. If you still can’t find your doctor, call Member Services for help.
- Select the PCP you want. Confirm your action in the pop-up box. If the wrong PCP is listed in the box, click “Cancel” and select again. When correct, click “Yes, make this doctor my PCP.”
- You will be taken to a page confirming your change. The change will be effective within 24 hours. We’ll send you a new ID card. The name and phone number of your new PCP will be on your card.