Am I eligible?
Find out if you’re eligible for free or low-cost health benefits
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. is a managed care organization (MCO) that provides Medicaid health benefits to people in the Iowa Medicaid programs: IA Health Link, Hawki, and the Iowa Health and Wellness Plan.
Some of the eligibility requirements include:
- A child under the age of 21
- A parent living with a child under the age of 18
- A woman who is pregnant
- A woman in need of treatment for breast or cervical cancer
- A person who is elderly (age 65 or older)
- A person who is disabled according to Social Security standards
- An adult between the ages of 19 and 64 and whose income is at or below 133 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- A person who is a resident of Iowa and a U.S. citizen
- A person who meets a certain income level
You can find out if you’re eligible for Medicaid online and apply.
If your family’s income is too much to meet the income requirements for IA Health Link program, your children may still qualify for health benefits through Hawki. Check to see if your family qualifies based on your income in the Hawki income limits table.
For eligibility questions and applying for IA Health Link or the Iowa Health and Wellness plan, contact the DHS Contact Center by:
- Phone at 1-855-889-7985, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For eligibility questions and applying for Hawki, contact Hawki Customer Service by:
- Phone toll free at 1-800-257-8563 Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending a fax to 515-457-7701