How to enroll
Join Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. once you learn you’re eligible for Medicaid benefits
After you’re approved for health benefits through one of the state Medicaid programs (Iowa Health Link, Hawki, Iowa Health or Iowa Health and Wellness Plan):
- Check your mailbox for an approval packet from the state.
- Your packet will include an enrollment letter with the name of the managed care plan you were assigned.
- If you were assigned to Amerigroup, we hope you’ll stay with us! You don’t have to do anything to stay with us.
- If you’re not assigned to Amerigroup and would like to be, you can switch within 90 days from the date your health benefits begin. After that, you must have a “good cause” reason to switch health plans.
If you would like to switch to Amerigroup, be sure to return the enrollment form or provide your information to the state one of the following ways:
- By mail:
P.O. Box 36510
Des Moines, IA 50315
- By calling Iowa Medicaid Member Services at 800-338-8366 or locally at 515-256-4606 (TTY 800-735-2942) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- By sending it as a fax to 515-725-1351
- By sending an email to Iowa Medicaid Member Services at IMEMemberServices@dhs.state.ia.us with the following information:
- Date of birth
- State ID number
- Address on file
- Reason for MCO (health plan) change
If you do not provide all of the information noted above in your email, the state will not be able to switch you to a different health plan.
We hope you’ll choose Amerigroup on your enrollment form.
Want to choose Amerigroup?
Call Iowa Medicaid Member Services at 1-800-338-8366 (TTY 711) and tell them you want Amerigroup as your managed care plan.