How to renew
Keep your health benefits with Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.
During the annual choice period, renew your family’s health benefits each year with these simple steps.
Step 1: Watch your mail
You’ll receive a renewal form from the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Look for your form up to 45 days before your coverage will end.
- Moved? Make sure DHS has your current address. Call 1-877-347-5678 if your address has changed.
Step 2: Complete the renewal form
Complete the form as soon as you receive it.
- Fill out all the information on each page.
- Be sure to sign the signature page.
Step 3: Return the renewal form
Return the form to DHS by the due date either by:
- Mailing the form to the image center listed on it
- Taking your form to any DHS office
You’re almost finished! Look for next steps in the mail from DHS.
- If DHS needs more information, you’ll receive a letter that tells you what they need.
- If DHS has all the information, you’ll receive a letter telling you if your coverage will continue.
Not sure what you need to do?
We can help. Call a retention specialist toll free at 1-877-269-5707 (TTY 711), or call the DHS Contact Center at 1-855-889-7985.