Iowa Health and Wellness Plan
At Amerigroup, we’ll help you live as well as you can, in the best way for you.
Whether you live at home, in a community setting or in a comfortable facility, we’ll help you live as well as you can, in the best way for you. We’ll also focus on your behavioral and social health needs and provide long-term services and supports.
If you’re eligible for the Iowa Health and Wellness Plan, you can join Amerigroup. We’ll cover all your regular Health and Wellness Plan benefits like:
- A primary care provider (PCP) to manage all your health care needs
- Hospital and lab services
- Behavioral health services
- Substance abuse services
- Therapy services
- Skilled nursing facility services
- Podiatry services
- Vision care
- Plus lots of extras you can really use to take care of your health
If you have questions or want to learn more, you can call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
- Extra personal care attendant support to help you stay at home
- Extra respite care hours to give your caregiver time off
- $250 a year for assistive devices, like long-reach and non-slip items, to help you with daily living tasks
- $200 a month for certain durable medical equipment and supplies, including assistive technology
- $2,500 one-time allowance when you move from a nursing facility to a home-based setting
- Free prep course for the high school equivalency test – we’ll pay for the test, too
- Help with your job search
- Travel training to help you get around town and access community resources
- Free membership in certain self-advocacy groups and annual allowance to attend an event
- Free dental supplies
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link to help you find community services near you
- Free mobile phones, plus bonus minutes*
- Free post-discharge kit and home-delivered meals after you leave the hospital*
- Free stop-smoking program
- Free weight-management program
- Free exercise kit to help you get and stay fit
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or check out the member handbook to learn more.
You can redeem some benefits online through your secure account. View the extra benefits you’re eligible for on the Benefit Reward Hub or call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription and many over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. We work with IngenioRx to provide these benefits.
Visit the pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to the Pharmacy page
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help after your doctor’s office closes
- Renewing your coverage
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
Download your member handbook below: