IA Health Link
IA Health Link, the new Medicaid program in Iowa, means new plans, new services and new choices for you and your family. But some things never change. At Amerigroup, our members come first. Let us help you get the most out of this great new program.
Health care isn’t just about seeing a doctor when you’re sick. A lot of things other than germs can impact your health. We have tools and resources to help you not just feel better, but to live a better life.
If you’re eligible for the new Medicaid program, IA Health Link, you can join Amerigroup. We’ll help you get all of your Iowa Medicaid-covered care and services like:
- A primary care provider (PCP) to manage all your health care needs
- Vision care for adults and children
- A full list of prescription drugs, plus certain over-the-counter medicines
- Wellness visits and immunizations
- Specialty physician services
- Disease management for diabetes, asthma and more
- Behavioral health services
- Plus lots of extras you can really use to take charge of your health
If you have questions or want to learn more, you can call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
- Free dental supplies
- Video chats with doctors using LiveHealth Online
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link to help you find community services near you
- Free mobile phones, plus bonus minutes*
- Free post-discharge kit and home-delivered meals after you leave the hospital*
- Free stop-smoking program
- Free weight-management program
- Free exercise kit to help you get and stay fit
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or look in the member handbook to learn more.
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription and many over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. We work with IngenioRx to provide these benefits.
Visit the pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to the Pharmacy page
Need help arranging transportation to a covered medical service?
7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Require two business days (48 hours) notice.
- Can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance.
Have this information ready when you call:
- Your Amerigroup #. It’s on the front of your ID card.
- Pickup and drop-off addresses.
Need information about your ride after you set it up?
Call Where’s My Ride.
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Renewing your coverage
- Consumer choices option
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
Download your member handbook below:
The Consumer Choices Option program is for Iowans with Medicaid who are aging or have a disability. It offers you the freedom to choose service providers to help you with your unique needs.
To join, you must be getting Medicaid funding through a Home- and Community-based Services (HCBS) waiver and be referred by your case manager.
If you’re in the Consumer Choices Option program, this free online tool can help you find personal attendant care providers and services. MySupport connects you with support workers who share your values and have things in common with you. Learn more and use MySupport to find the help you want today.