Health Care You Can Count On
As one of the managed care organizations chosen to serve Iowa under the new IA Health Link program, we’re proud to serve members in the Iowa Medicaid, Health and Wellness Plan, and Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (hawk-i) programs, including:
- Children in Foster Care and Adoption Assistance, and those who have aged out of the program
- Iowans needing home- and community-based services
- Individuals who live in institutions
- People with disabilities and those receiving state or federal Supplemental Security Income
- Parents or other relatives who are caretakers of program participants
- Participants of the Iowa Department of Public Health substance abuse programs
At Amerigroup, you’re not a subscriber. You’re not a patient. You’re a member. We know you have unique needs — not all of them health-related — and we know how to meet them. We’ll not only help you get physically healthy, we’ll support your behavioral and social health needs and provide long-term services and supports. This approach is all with you in mind – so you can live as well as possible in the way that’s best for you, whether that’s home, in a community setting, or in a comfortable facility.
With Amerigroup, you also get extras*:
- Extra personal care attendant support to help you stay at home
- Extra respite care hours to give your caregiver time off
- $250 a year for assistive devices, like long-reach and non-slip items, to help you with daily living tasks
- $200 a month for certain durable medical equipment and supplies, including assistive technology
- $2,500 one-time allowance when you move from a nursing facility to a home-based setting
- Free prep course for the high school equivalency test – we’ll pay for the test, too
- Tools and support to help you manage your money
- Help with your job search
- Travel training to help you get around town and access community resources
- Free membership in certain self-advocacy groups and annual allowance to attend an event
All members get
- Free dental supplies
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link to help you find community services near you
- Free mobile phone service* with:
- Up to 350 free monthly minutes to call family, friends and doctors
- 200 bonus minutes at sign-on
- 100 bonus minutes annually for your birthday
- Unlimited texting
- Free post-discharge kit and home-delivered meals after you leave the hospital*
Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit.
To learn more, check out each program’s benefits on this site or call Amerigroup Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711). We’re here to answer questions and help you every step of the way.
We're here to help you
Are you a caregiver or advocate for children, or a youth or young adult currently or formerly in foster care, getting adoption assistance, or in the juvenile justice system? If you have a role in the care of these children and youth, this is your online resource for educational tools, assessments, news and events you need to stay informed.