Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (hawk-i)
Your kids are your life. We’ll put them first, too – just like you do.
If your kids are eligible for the Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (hawk-i) program, they can join Amerigroup. We’ll give them all of their regular hawk-i benefits like:
- A primary care provider (PCP) to manage your child’s health care needs
- Vision care
- Wellness visits and immunizations
- Prescriptions, plus certain over-the-counter medicines
- Specialty physician services
- Plus extras they can really use to help them stay healthy
If you have questions or want to learn more, you can call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
You can view the 2016 Comparison of the State of Iowa Medicaid Enterprise Basic Benefits Based on Eligibility Determination chart for more information.
- Free Boys & Girls Club membership
- Healthy Families Program to help kids live healthier lives
- Free stocked backpacks and comfort items for Foster Care, Subsidized Adoption and Guardianship waiver members
- Free dental supplies
- Video chats with doctors using LiveHealth Online
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link to help you find community services near you
Extra Benefits and Services Booklet
We work with Express Scripts to provide your pharmacy benefit. We cover a wide range of prescriptions and many over-the-counter medicines.
Search for name brand and generic drugs that are on your drug list:
Mixing Drugs and Side Effects
Learn more about what drugs you can and can’t take together or side effects on the Express Scripts Drug Information Website
Express Scripts Prescription Drug Reimbursement Form
Express Scripts Online Registration Instructions
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Renewing your coverage
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
Download your member handbook below:
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. Real Solutions® Healthy Rewards Incentives
- $25 incentive for prenatal visit in the first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment
- $50 incentive for going to your postpartum visit 21 to 56 days after delivery
- $10 incentive for completing each well-child visit (up to six visits) within the first 15 months of life
Self-report or auto-generated:
- $20 for completing annual EPSDT visits
- $10 for getting appropriate lead screening test by 2nd birthday
- $10 for getting appropriate vaccinations by 2nd birthday
- $10 for getting appropriate vaccinations by 13th birthday
- $30 for completing yearly blood sugar test when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly cholesterol (LDL) screening when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly nephropathy screening when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly eye exam when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing breast cancer screening every two years
- $30 for completing cervical cancer screening every three years
- $30 for filling prescribed smoking cessation medications
- $30 for taking part in the Amerigroup smoking cessation program or Quitline Iowa
- $20 incentive for completing the new member health risk assessment within 90 days of enrollment
- $10 for getting appropriate asthma medications
- $10 for completing one follow-up visit with prescribing provider within 30 days of initial prescription for ADHD
- $20 for going to two follow-up visits with prescribing provider between one and nine months after getting first prescription for ADHD and for continued use of ADHD medication for at least seven months
- $10 for continued use of antidepressant medication for at least 84 days
- $10 for continued use of antidepressant medication for at least 180 days
- $10 for completing diabetes screening test when prescribed an antipsychotic medication for schizophrenia and/or bipolar disorder
- $10 for remaining on antipsychotic medications for at least 80 percent of treatment period if diagnosed with schizophrenia
- $20 for completing LTSS educational module as recommended by community-based case manager
For more information check online at www.myamerigroup.com/healthyrewards or call
The information in this document is for educational purposes only. It is not to be used as medical advice.
La información contenida en este documento se proporciona sólo con fines educativos. No debe utilizarse como consejo médico.
We offer translation and oral interpretation services for all languages at no charge. To get these services, call Member Services toll free at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Ofrecemos servicios de traducción e interpretación oral para todos los idiomas sin costo. Para recibir estos servicios, llame a la línea gratuita de Servicios al Miembro al
1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).