Iowa Health and Wellness Plan
At Amerigroup, we’ll help you live as well as you can, in the best way for you.
Whether you live at home, in a community setting or in a comfortable facility, we’ll help you live as well as you can, in the best way for you. We’ll also focus on your behavioral and social health needs and provide long-term services and supports.
If you’re eligible for the Iowa Health and Wellness Plan, you can join Amerigroup. We’ll cover all your regular Health and Wellness Plan benefits like:
- A primary care provider (PCP) to manage all your health care needs
- Hospital and lab services
- Behavioral health services
- Substance abuse services
- Therapy services
- Skilled nursing facility services
- Podiatry services
- Vision care
- Plus lots of extras you can really use to take care of your health
If you have questions or want to learn more, you can call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
You can view the 2016 Comparison of the State of Iowa Medicaid Enterprise Basic Benefits Based on Eligibility Determination chart for more information.
- Extra personal care attendant support to help you stay at home
- Extra respite care hours to give your caregiver time off
- $250 a year for assistive devices, like long-reach and non-slip items, to help you with daily living tasks
- $200 a month for certain durable medical equipment and supplies, including assistive technology
- $2,500 one-time allowance when you move from a nursing facility to a home-based setting
- Free prep course for the high school equivalency test – we’ll pay for the test, too
- Help with your job search
- Travel training to help you get around town and access community resources
- Free membership in certain self-advocacy groups and annual allowance to attend an event
- Free dental supplies
- Video chats with doctors using LiveHealth Online
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link to help you find community services near you
- Free mobile phones, plus bonus minutes*
- Free post-discharge kit and home-delivered meals after you leave the hospital*
- Free stop-smoking program
- Free weight-management program
- Free exercise kit to help you get and stay fit
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or check out the member handbook to learn more.
Extra Benefits and Services Booklet
We work with Express Scripts to provide your pharmacy benefit. We cover a wide range of prescriptions and many over-the-counter medicines.
Search for name brand and generic drugs that are on your drug list:
Mixing Drugs and Side Effects
Learn more about what drugs you can and can’t take together or side effects on the Express Scripts Drug Information Website
Express Scripts Prescription Drug Reimbursement Form
Express Scripts Online Registration Instructions
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help after your doctor’s office closes
- Renewing your coverage
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
Download your member handbook below:
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. Real Solutions® Healthy Rewards Incentives
- $25 incentive for prenatal visit in the first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment
- $50 incentive for going to your postpartum visit 21 to 56 days after delivery
- $10 incentive for completing each well-child visit (up to six visits) within the first 15 months of life
Self-report or auto-generated:
- $20 for completing annual EPSDT visits
- $10 for getting appropriate lead screening test by 2nd birthday
- $10 for getting appropriate vaccinations by 2nd birthday
- $10 for getting appropriate vaccinations by 13th birthday
- $30 for completing yearly blood sugar test when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly cholesterol (LDL) screening when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly nephropathy screening when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly eye exam when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing breast cancer screening every two years
- $30 for completing cervical cancer screening every three years
- $30 for filling prescribed smoking cessation medications
- $30 for taking part in the Amerigroup smoking cessation program or Quitline Iowa
- $20 incentive for completing the new member health risk assessment within 90 days of enrollment
- $10 for getting appropriate asthma medications
- $10 for completing one follow-up visit with prescribing provider within 30 days of initial prescription for ADHD
- $20 for going to two follow-up visits with prescribing provider between one and nine months after getting first prescription for ADHD and for continued use of ADHD medication for at least seven months
- $10 for continued use of antidepressant medication for at least 84 days
- $10 for continued use of antidepressant medication for at least 180 days
- $10 for completing diabetes screening test when prescribed an antipsychotic medication for schizophrenia and/or bipolar disorder
- $10 for remaining on antipsychotic medications for at least 80 percent of treatment period if diagnosed with schizophrenia
- $20 for completing LTSS educational module as recommended by community-based case manager
For more information check online at www.myamerigroup.com/healthyrewards or call
The information in this document is for educational purposes only. It is not to be used as medical advice.
La información contenida en este documento se proporciona sólo con fines educativos. No debe utilizarse como consejo médico.
We offer translation and oral interpretation services for all languages at no charge. To get these services, call Member Services toll free at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Ofrecemos servicios de traducción e interpretación oral para todos los idiomas sin costo. Para recibir estos servicios, llame a la línea gratuita de Servicios al Miembro al
1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).