IA Health Link
IA Health Link, the new Medicaid program in Iowa, means new plans, new services and new choices for you and your family. But some things never change. At Amerigroup, our members come first. Let us help you get the most out of this great new program.
Health care isn’t just about seeing a doctor when you’re sick. A lot of things other than germs can impact your health. We have tools and resources to help you not just feel better, but to live a better life.
If you’re eligible for the new Medicaid program, IA Health Link, you can join Amerigroup. We’ll help you get all of your Iowa Medicaid-covered care and services like:
- A primary care provider (PCP) to manage all your health care needs
- Vision care for adults and children
- A full list of prescription drugs, plus certain over-the-counter medicines
- Wellness visits and immunizations
- Specialty physician services
- Disease management for diabetes, asthma and more
- Behavioral health services
- Plus lots of extras you can really use to take charge of your health
If you have questions or want to learn more, you can call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
You can view the 2016 Comparison of the State of Iowa Medicaid Enterprise Basic Benefits Based on Eligibility Determination chart for more information.
- Free dental supplies
- Video chats with doctors using LiveHealth Online
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link to help you find community services near you
- Free mobile phones, plus bonus minutes*
- Free post-discharge kit and home-delivered meals after you leave the hospital*
- Free stop-smoking program
- Free weight-management program
- Free exercise kit to help you get and stay fit
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or look in the member handbook to learn more.
Extra Benefits and Services Booklet
We work with Express Scripts to provide your pharmacy benefit. We cover a wide range of prescriptions and many over-the-counter medicines.
Search for name brand and generic drugs that are on your drug list:
Mixing Drugs and Side Effects
Learn more about what drugs you can and can’t take together or side effects on the Express Scripts Drug Information Website
Express Scripts Prescription Drug Reimbursement Form
Express Scripts Online Registration Instructions
Need help arranging transportation to a covered medical service?
7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Require two business days (48 hours) notice.
- Can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance.
Have this information ready when you call:
- Your Amerigroup #. It’s on the front of your ID card.
- Pickup and drop-off addresses.
Need information about your ride after you set it up?
Call Where’s My Ride.
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Renewing your coverage
- Consumer choices option
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
Download your member handbook below:
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. Real Solutions® Healthy Rewards Incentives
- $25 incentive for prenatal visit in the first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment
- $50 incentive for going to your postpartum visit 21 to 56 days after delivery
- $10 incentive for completing each well-child visit (up to six visits) within the first 15 months of life
Self-report or auto-generated:
- $20 for completing annual EPSDT visits
- $10 for getting appropriate lead screening test by 2nd birthday
- $10 for getting appropriate vaccinations by 2nd birthday
- $10 for getting appropriate vaccinations by 13th birthday
- $30 for completing yearly blood sugar test when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly cholesterol (LDL) screening when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly nephropathy screening when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing yearly eye exam when diagnosed with diabetes
- $30 for completing breast cancer screening every two years
- $30 for completing cervical cancer screening every three years
- $30 for filling prescribed smoking cessation medications
- $30 for taking part in the Amerigroup smoking cessation program or Quitline Iowa
- $20 incentive for completing the new member health risk assessment within 90 days of enrollment
- $10 for getting appropriate asthma medications
- $10 for completing one follow-up visit with prescribing provider within 30 days of initial prescription for ADHD
- $20 for going to two follow-up visits with prescribing provider between one and nine months after getting first prescription for ADHD and for continued use of ADHD medication for at least seven months
- $10 for continued use of antidepressant medication for at least 84 days
- $10 for continued use of antidepressant medication for at least 180 days
- $10 for completing diabetes screening test when prescribed an antipsychotic medication for schizophrenia and/or bipolar disorder
- $10 for remaining on antipsychotic medications for at least 80 percent of treatment period if diagnosed with schizophrenia
- $20 for completing LTSS educational module as recommended by community-based case manager
For more information check online at www.myamerigroup.com/healthyrewards or call
The information in this document is for educational purposes only. It is not to be used as medical advice.
La información contenida en este documento se proporciona sólo con fines educativos. No debe utilizarse como consejo médico.
We offer translation and oral interpretation services for all languages at no charge. To get these services, call Member Services toll free at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Ofrecemos servicios de traducción e interpretación oral para todos los idiomas sin costo. Para recibir estos servicios, llame a la línea gratuita de Servicios al Miembro al
1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
The Consumer Choices Option program is for Iowans with Medicaid who are aging or have a disability. It offers you the freedom to choose service providers to help you with your unique needs.
To join, you must be getting Medicaid funding through a Home- and Community-based Services (HCBS) waiver and be referred by your case manager.
If you’re in the Consumer Choices Option program, this free online tool can help you find personal attendant care providers and services. MySupport connects you with support workers who share your values and have things in common with you. Learn more and use MySupport to find the help you want today.