IA Health Link
IA Health Link, the new Medicaid program in Iowa, means new plans, new services and new choices for you and your family. But some things never change. At Amerigroup, our members come first. Let us help you get the most out of this great new program.
Health care isn’t just about seeing a doctor when you’re sick. A lot of things other than germs can impact your health. We have tools and resources to help you not just feel better, but to live a better life.
If you’re eligible for the new Medicaid program, IA Health Link, you can join Amerigroup. We’ll help you get all of your Iowa Medicaid-covered care and services like:
- A primary care provider (PCP) to manage all your health care needs
- Vision care for adults and children
- A full list of prescription drugs, plus certain over-the-counter medicines
- Wellness visits and immunizations
- Specialty physician services
- Disease management for diabetes, asthma and more
- Behavioral health services
- Plus lots of extras you can really use to take charge of your health
If you have questions or want to learn more, you can call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
- Free dental supplies
- Video chats with doctors using LiveHealth Online
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link to help you find community services near you
- Free mobile phones, plus bonus minutes*
- Free post-discharge kit and home-delivered meals after you leave the hospital*
- Free stop-smoking program
- Free weight-management program
- Free exercise kit to help you get and stay fit
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or look in the member handbook to learn more.
We work with Express Scripts to provide your pharmacy benefit. We cover a wide range of prescriptions and many over-the-counter medicines.
You don’t pay any pharmacy copays.
Getting your prescription filled is easy!
You can go to any pharmacy in our plan. Use the pharmacy locator tool to find a pharmacy close to you.
- Give the pharmacist your written prescription or have the doctor call it in
- Show your Amerigroup ID card
What is the Preferred Drug List (PDL)?
The PDL is a list of preferred and nonpreferred drugs Amerigroup covers. Non-preferred drugs may require a prior authorization. You’ll need approval from us to get these medicines. Your provider will ask us for one. Your request will be sent to our Pharmacy team for review and decision.
For the latest PDL, visit: www.iowamedicaidpdl.com
Pharmacy Formulary Exception Request
If you’re taking a drug that isn’t listed on the PDL, you or your authorized representative can ask for an exception to keep taking it.
To ask for an exception, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mixing Drugs and Side Effects
Learn more about what drugs you can and can’t take together or side effects on the Express Scripts Drug Information Website
Express Scripts Prescription Drug Reimbursement Form
Express Scripts Online Registration Instructions
- Express Scripts Online Registration Instructions - English
- Express Scripts Online Registration Instructions - Spanish
For answers to some of your prescription drug coverage questions, go to our Frequently Asked Questions page or call Member Services.
Need help arranging transportation to a covered medical service?
7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Require two business days (48 hours) notice.
- Can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance.
Have this information ready when you call:
- Your Amerigroup #. It’s on the front of your ID card.
- Pickup and drop-off addresses.
Need information about your ride after you set it up?
Call Where’s My Ride.
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Renewing your coverage
- Consumer choices option
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
Download your member handbook below:
Do things that are good for your health and get rewards!
Healthy Rewards is a program that pays you for taking control of your health. You can earn $10, $20 or $30 for completing these healthy activities:
For all members:
- Complete the health risk assessment within 90 days of enrolling with Amerigroup
- Complete your annual wellness visit
- Get a flu shot
- Complete well-child visits within the first 15-months of life
- Get the HPV vaccine
- Complete blood sugar (A1c) screening
- Complete a breast cancer screening
- Complete a cervical cancer screening
- Go to prenatal and postpartum visits
- Fill your smoking cessation medications and participate in the Amerigroup smoking cessation program or Iowa’s Tobacco Quit Line
- Fill antidepressant, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder medications
- Complete a diabetes screening when prescribed an antipsychotic medicine for schizophrenia and/or bipolar disorder
- Go to a behavioral health hospitalization follow-up visit
- Complete certain LTSS educational modules
To learn more and enroll, call 1-877-868-2004 or read your member handbook to learn more. You can also call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) and ask for a copy of the member handbook to be mailed to you.
To register, go to www.myamerigroup.com/HealthyRewards.
The Consumer Choices Option program is for Iowans with Medicaid who are aging or have a disability. It offers you the freedom to choose service providers to help you with your unique needs.
To join, you must be getting Medicaid funding through a Home- and Community-based Services (HCBS) waiver and be referred by your case manager.