How to enroll
Enrollment in Medicaid and the Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP) is year round. If you qualify, you can enroll at any time.
The best way to know if you’re eligible for Medicaid is to apply. Your child or a member of your household may be eligible even if you’re not.
Simply follow these steps:
1. Apply through Maryland Health Connection
- Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s official health marketplace. This is where you go to find out if you are eligible for Medicaid.
You can apply in these ways:
2. Choose Amerigroup Community Care as your Managed Care Organization
- When your Medicaid application is complete and verified, you will choose a managed care organization (MCO) to provide your care.
- An MCO is an organization with a network of primary care providers (PCPs), specialists, hospitals and other health care providers. Amerigroup is an MCO that participates in HealthChoice, Maryland’s Medicaid program.
There are several ways to choose Amerigroup as your MCO:
You need to renew your Medicaid or MCHP benefits once a year, or they may be automatically renewed. Maryland Health Connection will contact you when it is time to renew.
Need help enrolling?
Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711)