How to Renew
We don’t want you or your family to be without health care coverage. You need to renew your NJ FamilyCare eligibility each year.
Keep your benefits by renewing on time!
How to renew
You need to renew your benefits every twelve months to keep them. If you don’t renew on time, you could lose your benefits. But don’t worry! Just follow these easy steps to renew your benefits.
1. Keep an eye out for a notice in the mail.
You’ll get a renewal notice from NJ FamilyCare telling you it’s time to renew.
2. Complete your form and gather documents.
Completely fill out the renewal form with your information and get any documents NJ FamilyCare requests..
3. Send your information back.
Mail or fax your completed form and documents back to NJ FamilyCare.
Have you moved?
If you moved this past year, NJ FamilyCare needs your new address! Call NJ FamilyCare at 1-800-701-0710 (TTY 1-800-701-0720). They can also answer questions about your renewal.
If you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments, you automatically get Medicaid and do not need to renew your health care benefits each year.
Your medical condition will be reviewed from time to time to make sure you still qualify for SSI benefits. You’ll get a letter in the mail when it’s time for your review.
Contact your local Social Security office. To find an office near you:
- Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays
- Visit theSocial Security Administration website
Tips for successful renewal
- NJ FamilyCare or your County Welfare Agency (CWA) will send you a form to complete and return.
- Make sure NJ FamilyCare has your correct mailing address. To update your address, call 800 701-0710 (TTY 711).
- Don’t wait until the last minute to renew! Renew as soon as you have your paperwork or you risk losing your healthcare coverage.
- If you have any questions during your renewal, visit myamerigroup.com/nj/apply/how-to-renew.html or call Amerigroup Community Care at 877-453-4080 (TTY 711).
- If you need to send in documents with your renewal, don’t send original copies of important documents; send copies.
- Review all letters from NJ FamilyCare, even if you recently renewed. Sometimes, NJ FamilyCare needs more information to decide if you are still eligible.
Amerigroup is here to help you keep the health benefits you need. Call us at 877-453-4080 (TTY 711) with any questions you may have.