Pharmacy and prescription drugs
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription drugs. We work with IngenioRx to provide these pharmacy benefits.
Find a pharmacy
To find a pharmacy near you, use our pharmacy locator tool.Find a pharmacy
Fill a prescription
Please bring your member ID and prescription to a plan pharmacy. A doctor can also call in the prescription for you.
It’s good to use the same pharmacy each time you fill a prescription. This way, your pharmacist will know about problems that may happen when you’re taking more than one medicine. If you use another pharmacy, you should tell the pharmacist about all medicines you or your child are taking.
Have your medicines mailed to you
We make filling your prescriptions as convenient as possible. You can log in to your account and manage your prescriptions filled through home delivery. With your secure online account, you can:
- Order refills
- Track your shipments
- Get notifications
Prescription Drug Home Delivery Form
You can get many prescription drugs shipped directly to your home through IngenioRx Home Delivery. Please use this form to set up home delivery for your prescription.
Prescription Drug Reimbursement Form
If you had to pay for a medicine that is covered under your plan, you may submit a request for reimbursement form.
Copays are a set dollar amount you pay for a covered service, like getting a prescription filled. This is also known as cost sharing — the member shares the cost of some services. Some members have a copay for prescriptions: *
NJ FamilyCare A, B and ABP
You don’t have a copay for prescriptions.
NJ FamilyCare C and D
You pay $5 for brand-name drugs and $1 for generic drugs.
Cost-share limits for NJ FamilyCare C and D members
When you reach your family cost-share limit, you will no longer have to pay a copay for additional services.
*Alaskan Natives and Native American Indians under the age of 19 don’t have copays.
Drug coverage information
Your benefits include a wide range of prescription drugs. Amerigroup also covers many over-the-counter (OTC) medicines for NJ FamilyCare A, B, ABP, and C members.
Preferred Drug List (PDL)
The Preferred Drug List (PDL) is the list of drugs that your doctor will use first when prescribing you medicine. These drugs have been chosen for their quality and effectiveness. Your doctor can prescribe most of these medicines to you without getting preapproval, or an “OK” from us. The PDL is updated frequently.
The formulary is a list of all brand-name and generic drugs available in your plan. All drugs on the formulary are covered, but some require preapproval before the prescription can be filled.
Find your medicine
Do you want to look up your medicine and find out if it is covered in your plan? It’s easy when you use our search tool. This tool will help you learn about any limitations or restrictions for any particular drug.
You can search for your drug by:
- Typing the name (at least first three letters) of the drug in the search box.
- Using the A-Z list to search by the first letter of your drug.
- Clicking the therapeutic class of the drug.
Don’t see it listed?
If you don’t see your medicine listed on the drug lists, you may ask for an exception at email@example.com. You’ll be asked to supply a reason why it should be covered, such as an allergic reaction to a drug, etc. We can also help if your doctor asked for preapproval for your medicine, but you have questions about medication coverage.
If you don’t hear from us within five business days, please call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Extra over-the-counter (OTC) medicines benefit
Amerigroup will pay up to $15 for each member every quarter for certain over-the-counter (OTC) products, like Tylenol, Band-Aids, and other wellness items. All you need is your member ID card and a prescription from your doctor that can be used at any participating pharmacy. Please call Member Services at 800-600-4441 (TTY 711) for more information.
Sometimes a company will voluntarily remove a drug from the market. We’ll send you a letter when this happens to a drug you have filled at the pharmacy.
- Chantix® 0.5 mg and 1 mg tabs 2 blister packs per carton - Pfizer
- Chantix 0.5 mg and 1 mg tablets - Pfizer
- Guanfacine Extended-Release 2mg tabs - Apotex Corp.
- Gamunex®-C 10 Grifols Therapeutics - Lot Number A3GLE01462
- Gamunex®-C 10% - Grifols Therapeutics
- Telmisartan 20 mg Tablets - Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Enoxparin Sodium Injection 100 and 120 mg Syringes
- Regenecare® HA Hydrogel - MPM Medical LLC
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release 500 mg and 750 mg tabs - Amneal Pharmaceuticals
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release 500 mg and 750 mg tabs - Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release 500 mg tabs - Lupin Pharmaceuticals
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release 500 mg and 1000 mg tabs – Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release 500 mg tabs - Time-Cap Labs
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release 750 mg – Granules Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release 500 mg tabs and 750 mg tabs – Bayshore Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- NP Thyroid® 30 mg 60 mg and 90 mg tabs - Acella Pharmaceuticals
- NP Thyroid® 15 mg and 120 mg tabs - Acella Pharmaceuticals
- DDAVP®, Demopressin Acetate and STIMATE® Nasal Sprays – Ferring Pharmaceuticals US
- NP Thyroid®tablets - Acella Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Gamunex®-C 10 Grifols Therapeutics - Lot Number A1GLE01602
- Xolair 150 ml 1ml Prefilled Syringes - Genentech
Prior authorizations (preapprovals)
Some medicines need a preapproval, or an “OK,” from Amerigroup before your doctor can prescribe them. The preapproval process helps us make sure that you’re taking medications safely and correctly.
Here are some reasons that preapproval may be needed:
- There is a generic or pharmacy alternative drug available
- The drug could be misused or abused
- There are other drugs that should be tried first
- The drug has a high side effect potential
- The drug is prescribed at a higher dosage than recommended
- There is additional information needed about your condition so we can match it to the FDA approval of the drug and/or studies of effectiveness
For medicines that need preapproval, your provider will need to call Provider Services. Amerigroup will review the request and give a decision within 24 hours. If you need your medicine right away, you can get a 72-hour supply while you wait.
If you misplace your medicine or it is stolen, contact your provider. They will work with the pharmacy and Amerigroup to review your case and replace the medicines as needed.
If you have any questions about your pharmacy benefit, you can reach Pharmacy Member Services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-833-207-3115 (TTY 711).
Get your specialty medications
If you have a complex or chronic health condition that requires special medicine, we can help. We partner with IngenioRx Specialty Pharmacy and other pharmacies to meet all your specialty medication needs.Learn about specialty pharmacy