TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Services and Supports (or CHOICES for short) is for adults (age 21 and older) with a physical disability and seniors (age 65 and older). CHOICES offers services to help a person live in their own home or in the community. These services are called Home and Community Based Services or HCBS. These services can be provided in the home, on the job, or in the community to assist with daily living activities and allow people to work and be actively involved in their local community. CHOICES also provides care in a nursing home if this is needed.
If you think you need long-term services and supports, call Amerigroup at 1-866-840-4991 (TTY 711). We’ll ask you a few questions to help find out if you might qualify for CHOICES.
Learn more about CHOICES on the TennCare website.
- Member Handbook - English
- Member Handbook - Spanish
- Member Handbook Update - English
- Member Handbook Update - Spanish
- Member Handbook Update - Arabic
Your member handbook is your go-to-guide for health services. Read it to find out about:
- How to use your benefits
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
Consumer Direction Handbook
Find out how to direct your own care in the CHOICES program.
Need a handbook mailed to you?
Call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Beneficiary Support System
If you need help or have a concern, you can:
- Call your care coordinator, support coordinator, or Member Services at 866-840-4991 (TRS 711).
- Call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701.
- Contact Disability Rights Tennessee at:
Toll-free number: 888-723-8193
Local number: 615-873-4108
CHOICES and Employment and Community First CHOICES Advisory Committee Boards
Tell us how we’re doing by joining our CHOICES or Employment and Community First (ECF) CHOICES Advisory Committee Board. When you join a CHOICES or ECF CHOICES Advisory Committee Board meeting, you can give your feedback about:
- The CHOICES or ECF CHOICES programs.
- Your CHOICES or ECF CHOICES services.
- How we can improve.
The Advisory Committee Boards include those who get CHOICES or ECF CHOICES services, their representatives, providers, and Amerigroup Community Care staff.
To join, contact your care coordinator/support coordinator. They can help you connect with a Member Advocate who can help you join either committee.