[Skip to Content]

Employment and Community First CHOICES

Employment and Community First (ECF) CHOICES is for people of all ages who have an intellectual or developmental disability (I/DD). This includes people who have significant disabilities.

Our priority is to help ECF members gain as much independence as possible. We help you get the support you need to live with your family or in the community, not in an institution. Residential services are available if you do not live with family but need support where you live.


ECF CHOICES can help you explore the possibility of working. Services can also help you learn skills for work, find a job, and keep a job. This could be a part-time job, a full-time job, or self-employment. Working helps you earn money, learn new skills, meet new people, and play an important role in your community. Work can also help you stay healthy and build self-confidence.

Long-term services and supports

Other services help you learn and do things at home and in the community so you can achieve your goals. These services may include:

  • Community living supports to help you with daily activities.
  • Family and caregiver supports to help meet the needs of your caregivers and allow you to stay in the home and community.
  • Community involvement supports — we’ll connect you to resources that help you stay active where you live and build a support system.
  • Peer-to-peer support — help and advice from another person with disabilities who has training to help you and can answer your questions.

To see if you qualify, fill out TennCare’s online self-referral form.

Need help with the form? You can call us at 866-840-4991 (TTY 711). We will help see if you qualify for ECF CHOICES.

You can see a full list of your ECF CHOICES benefits in your member handbook below.

Member resources

Member handbook

Your member handbook is your go-to-guide for health services. Read it to find out about:

  • How to use your benefits
  • How to choose a primary care provider
  • How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
  • How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
  • Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member

Consumer Direction Handbook

Find out how to direct your own care in the CHOICES program.

Need a handbook mailed to you?
Call Member Services at 800-600-4441 (TTY 711).

Beneficiary Support System

If you need help or have a concern, you can:

  • Call your care coordinator, support coordinator, or Member Services at 866-840-4991 (TRS 711).
  • Call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701.
  • Contact Disability Rights Tennessee at:
    Toll-free number: 888-723-8193
    Local number: 615-873-4108
    Email: benefitshelp@disabilityrightstn.org
    Website: https://www.ltsshelptn.org/

Systems of Support (SOS) Behavioral Health Video

This video tells about services and supports for families and caregivers of members with I/DD.