Need help getting to your health care visits?
If you don’t have a way to get to your health care visits, you can get a ride to and from services covered by TennCare. These include:
- Covered appointments
- Pharmacy visits
- Rides home from the hospital
How to set up your ride
Call Tennessee Carriers at 1-866-680-0633. It’s a free call. Call at least three days before your appointment. Tell them about any special needs you may have (such as a wheelchair, cane, or walker). You will need a Certificate of Medical Necessity from your provider for any trips that require a stretcher.
What you’ll need to schedule a ride
- Your phone number
- The address where you’ll be for pickup
- Your member ID number (on your member ID card)
- Date, time and location of your appointment
- Name and phone number of your provider
Important tips for setting up a ride
- If you have more than one appointment on the same day, you can get a ride to all covered services. Please give Tennessee Carriers information for each appointment.
- Any trips over 75 miles may require preapproval (an OK from us first).
- Please make sure you tell Tennessee Carriers about all children who may be riding with you.
- If you wish to bring someone with you to your appointment, you can have someone ride with you. This is sometimes called an escort. An escort is someone over the age of 12. Please let Tennessee Carriers know you’ll have an escort riding with you.
- If you’re going to an appointment and need to take your child with you, he or she won’t count as your escort.
On the day of your ride
- Be ready 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- Make sure you’re at the pickup location at your pickup time both going to and from your appointment. Please make sure you’re looking for your driver to arrive. You may get a call when the driver is on the way, or the driver may blow the horn.
- If you finish your appointment early, you can call Tennessee Carriers and request an earlier pick up time. The wait for a pickup may be up to 60 minutes.
Mileage Reimbursement Program and Bus Passes
We have three ways to help you – rides, mileage reimbursement and bus passes. Contact Tennessee Carriers at 1-866-680-0633 (TTY 711) to learn more about the mileage reimbursement program and bus passes.