Find a Doctor
Get the care you need from a provider you choose
We’ve partnered with many providers in your area. Find one who meets your needs using the search tool below. Search for different types of providers, like:
- Primary care providers
- Hospitals and facilities
- Labs (to get blood tests)
- Behavioral health providers
Your primary care provider
Your main doctor is called a primary care provider. The primary care provider you choose will provide most of your or your child’s care. He or she can be a doctor, a nurse practitioner, or a physician's assistant.
STAR+PLUS and STAR Kids members who have Medicare
Call your Medicare plan to choose a primary care provider near you.
For help finding a doctor or making an appointment, call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711). STAR Kids members, call 1-844-756-4600 (TTY 711). We’ll set up a 3-way call with you and your doctor.
You can also send us a secure message through your online account and we’ll do the rest.
Your primary care provider may want you to see a specialist or another provider for care or services he or she can’t provide. You don’t need a referral from your primary care provider to get care from other doctors in our plan. It’s a good idea to talk to your primary care provider first about other types of care you may need. He or she can tell you about other doctors in our plan and help you coordinate the care you receive.
If you’re a STAR member age 20 and younger, or a CHIP or STAR Kids member, call your dental provider below to find a dentist near you:
STAR or STAR Kids members: 1-800-516-0165
CHIP members: 1-800-508-6775
HCBS STAR+PLUS Waiver members
Talk to your service coordinator about dental services.
Call Superior Vision of Texas at 1-800-428-8789 to find an eye doctor near you.
Note: CHIP Perinate members don’t have vision benefits.
If you have Medicare, contact your Medicare plan about vision benefits.
Pharmacy and prescription drugs
Amerigroup works with Express Scripts to provide pharmacy benefits.
To find a pharmacy near you, use the ESI pharmacy locator tool.
Find a Pharmacy
You can download a provider directory to see all providers in your service area. You can also contact Member Services to have a directory mailed to you at no cost.
Visit our Know Your Service Area page if you don’t know which service area you are in.
- Bexar STAR Provider Directory
- Dallas STAR Provider Directory
- Harris STAR Provider Directory
- Jefferson STAR Provider Directory
- Lubbock STAR Provider Directory
- Tarrant STAR Provider Directory
- Rural Service Area – Northeast STAR Provider Directory
- Rural Service Area – Central STAR Provider Directory
- Rural Service Area – West STAR Provider Directory
- Bexar STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- El Paso STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- Harris STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- Jefferson STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- Lubbock STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- Tarrant STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- Travis STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- Rural Service Area – West STAR+PLUS Provider Directory
- STAR+PLUS Nursing Facilities Directory
Need to speak with a nurse?
Call the 24-hour Nurse HelpLine
1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711)
STAR Kids members, call
1-844-756-4600 (TTY 711)
Our team is available 24 hours a day and can:
- Give medical advice
- Find the right place to get care
- Help in any language