Your health comes first.
Make us your first choice.
Amerigroup is proud to serve Medicaid and CHIP enrollees in Texas. We help you and your family get benefits and services to stay healthy. We offer:
- STAR — for children, pregnant women, and people who get Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- CHIP — for children whose parents’ income doesn’t qualify them for Medicaid.
- If you are pregnant and your income doesn’t qualify you for Medicaid, your unborn child may qualify for the CHIP Perinatal program.
- STAR Kids — for people age 20 and younger who receive services through a home- and community-based waiver or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- STAR+PLUS — for the elderly and people with disabilities who may get SSI
Our family of health plans has been helping families like yours across the country since 1996. Now we want to help you.
We’ll help you get:
- A doctor for the care and services that are right for you
- 24/7 help on the phone if you need to speak with a nurse or need help finding a doctor
- Rides to your appointments
- Health checkups and screenings
And for members with special health care needs, we’ll arrange a health assessment for you. If you need certain treatment, a case manager will work with you and your providers to set up a plan of care that will best meet your needs.
STAR Kids and STAR+PLUS members will get a service coordinator who will work with you to create a care plan based on your health needs and goals. Your service coordinator will work with you and all your providers to make sure the care you get is right for you.
Share your thoughts with us! Join a member advisory group.
Want to have a voice in your health plan? We want to know what you think. You can help make us better by joining a member advisory group. At these events, you can talk with Amerigroup representatives about your concerns or give suggestions. Call Member Services and ask to speak to a member advocate if you want to participate in an event in your area. These events are open to all Amerigroup members. You can also email our member advocates at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amerigroup members in the Medicaid Rural Service Area and the STAR Kids program are served by Amerigroup Insurance Company; all other Amerigroup members in Texas are served by Amerigroup Texas, Inc.