Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
What is the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program?
The Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program is a service for members with multiple health conditions who take multiple medicines. The MTM program helps you and your doctor make sure your medicines are working to improve your health.
If you qualify, a pharmacist or other health professional will review all of your medicines and talk with you about:
- How to get the most benefit from the medicines you take
- Questions or concerns you have, such as drug safety and cost
- The best way to take your medicines
Who is eligible?
You may qualify for the MTM program if:
1. You have three or more chronic health problems. These may include:
- Chronic heart failure (CHF)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- High blood fat levels
- High blood pressure
2. You take eight or more daily medicines covered by Medicare Part D
3. You spend $3,967 or more per year on Part D covered medications
If you qualify, you’ll be automatically enrolled into the program at no additional cost to you. You may choose not to take part in the program, but we recommend that you make use of this free service.
To see if you qualify
Call Member Services at 1-855-878-1784 (TTY 711) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
How does the MTM program work?
Once in the program, you will receive:
1. A comprehensive medication review
You will have the chance to review your medicines with a pharmacist or other health professional. During this call, any issues with your medicines will be discussed. The call will take about 20-30 minutes and can be scheduled at a convenient time for you.
After the review, a summary is mailed to you that includes:
- A medication action plan with space for you to take notes or write down any follow-up questions.
- A personal medication list that lists all of the medicines that you take and the reasons why you take them.
2. Ongoing targeted medication reviews
Your medicines will be reviewed at least once every three months. Your doctor will be contacted about any suggested changes to your medicines.
Learn more about the MTM program
Call Member Services at 1-855-878-1784 (TTY 711) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday to learn more about the program and see if you qualify.
The MTM program is offered in collaboration with Express Scripts, Inc. with The Medication Management Center (MMC) at the University of Arizona. The MTM program is not considered a part of the plan’s benefit.
Express Scripts, Inc. is a separate company that manages pharmacy services and benefits for Amerigroup STAR+PLUS MMP.
H8786_18_35300_R CMS Approved 8/16/2018