Apple Health (Medicaid)
You will receive all your free or low-cost Apple Health (Medicaid) benefits for physical and behavioral health (mental health and substance use disorder treatment services). This includes care from a primary care provider (PCP) you choose and help with prescription drugs. Being healthy is about more than just doctor visits. The benefits and services you receive are designed to make a difference in your life.
What you receive through Apple Health (Medicaid)
The road to good health starts with having quality doctors and health benefits to turn to when you’re sick.
Your Apple Health (Medicaid) benefits include things like:
- Care from a primary care provider (PCP) you choose
- Mental health services
- Substance use disorder treatment services
- Preventive care, like checkups and screenings
- Specialist referrals
- Emergency care
- Prescription medicine
- X-rays, labs and other tests
- Immunizations (shots)
- Eye exams
- Family planning services
- Quit for Life stop smoking program
- Disease management for asthma, diabetes and other conditions
- Case management for those with certain chronic conditions
- Medically Intensive Children’s Program (MICP) — nursing support for children with complex medical needs
- And more
To learn more about Apple Health (Medicaid) benefits, see our member handbook/visit the Health Care Authority (HCA) website. There are no copays or coinsurance for services included in your plan.
What you receive through Amerigroup
We’re about more than just doctor visits. We give our members lots of no-cost extras to help support their whole health and well-being.
- Eyeglasses — one pair, up to $100 per year (for members ages 21-64)
- A smartphone through SafeLink Wireless® — includes monthly minutes, data, and unlimited text messages
- Acupuncture treatments — seven sessions per year from a doctor in our plan
- GED testing (for members ages 17 and older)
- Light box — helps prolong daylight in the winter time (for members ages 19 and older with seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Peer support — we pay the registration and annual fees for members who want to become or renew as peer support counselors
- A $50 gas card and a $50 Lyft or Uber card (for members ages 17 and older who complete an Initial Health Screener)
- WW® (formerly called Weight Watchers) — one WW voucher that covers a sign-up fee, 13 weeks of classes and 14 weeks of digital tools (for members ages 18 and older with a doctor’s permission)
- Quit for Life — a program to help members quit smoking (for members ages 18 and older)
- Boys & Girls Club membership at participating clubs (for kids ages 6-18)
- Sports physicals (for members ages 7-18)
- Healthy Families program — support, nutrition and exercise coaching (for families with children ages 7-17)
- YMCA membership to the YMCA in Wenatchee (for ages 19 and younger)
- LiveHealth Online — video chat with a doctor, therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist using a smartphone, tablet or computer
- Costco Gold card membership (one per family)
- Web and mobile tools to help you improve your mental and emotional health
- My Wellness Guide — tools that help you take control of your health by setting goals, creating action plans, and tracking progress
- First-aid and dental hygiene kits when you fill out a personal disaster plan online
- Membership to one of these four organizations:
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN)
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL)
- Life transition kit — includes first-aid supplies, a travel toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, an emergency blanket and more (for members who are either homeless, moving out of an institution and into the community or enrolled in a local employment program)
- Community Resource Link — find jobs, housing, food, and other things you may need
- Fitness coach program — online exercise classes, information about fitness and exercise topics, and extra resources for those with special needs
For pregnant individuals and new moms:
- Taking Care of Baby and Me® rewards program — earn rewards just for going to your prenatal and postpartum checkups on time:
- $20 for completing a prenatal visit in your first trimester or within 42 days
- $5 per visit for completing up to six prenatal visits (for a total of $30).
- $25 for completing a postpartum visit 7-84 days after delivery
- Electric breast pump (choose one):
- Medela in Style advanced personal double breast pump
- Ameda Purely Yours double electric personal pump
- Ameda Purely Yours ultra pump
- Circumcision for your newborn (up to $150)
Limitations and restrictions apply. Benefits may change.
You can redeem some benefits online through your secure account. View the extra benefits you’re eligible for on the Benefit Reward Hub or call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Log in to get started today!Log in
You’ll get most of your health care from your PCP. He or she will get to know you and your health history and refer you to any specialists you need to see.
Your PCP’s name is listed on your ID card. If you’re not happy with him or her, you can switch anytime unless you’re in the Patient Review and Coordination program. To find a PCP in our plan near you, use our Find a Doctor tool. To change your PCP, log in to your secure account or call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
As long as the provider is in our plan, you may choose any of the following to be your PCP:
- Family physician
- General practitioner
- Nurse practitioner
- Physician assistant
- Pediatrician (for kids)
- Internal medicine doctor (mostly for adults)
- Geriatrician (for elderly adults)
Behavioral health issues are very common. Dealing with all of the tasks of a home and family can lead to stress. And stress can lead to:
- Family, marriage, and/or parenting problems
- Substance use disorder
Your behavioral health benefits include:
- Evaluation and assessment
- Group counseling
- Peer support
- Education about mental health, treatments and medications
- Rehab case management
- And more
Your substance use disorder treatment services include:
- Withdrawal management (detox)
- Individual and group counseling
- Case management
- And more
To learn more about these benefits Health Care Authority (HCA) website.
If you need behavioral health or substance use disorder care, you can get it from:
- Your PCP
- A plan Community Mental Health Center or substance use disorder agency
- Another behavioral health or substance use disorder provider in your plan
You don’t need a referral from your PCP to see a behavioral health specialist in your plan. There are some treatments and services that need preapproval before you can get them. To learn more, talk to your doctor.
Always show your Amerigroup ID card when you get these services.
If you need help in a crisis, call our North Central Washington Crisis Line at 1-800-852-2923 (TTY 711). We’re available 24/7.
You can also call the visit the Washington Recovery Help Line website at 1-866-789-1511 for 24-hour help with mental health and substance abuse issues.
We work with IngenioRx to provide your pharmacy benefits. We offer a wide range of prescriptions and many over-the-counter medicines (with an order from your doctor). There are no copays for your pharmacy benefits.
Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to Pharmacy page
Your dental benefits are paid by Apple Health (using your ProviderOne services card). To learn about these benefits, see the member handbook.
Children and youth under age 21 get:
- Eye exams every 12 months.*
- Glasses, contact lenses and fittings (these benefits are paid by the state using your ProviderOne services card).
Adults age 21 and older get:
- Eye exams every 24 months.*
- Glasses — one pair per year for members ages 21-64 (up to a $100 value).
*Eye exams can be more frequent if medically needed.
You can receive rides to and from nonemergency medical appointments. These benefits are paid by the state (using your ProviderOne services card). To learn more, see the member handbook.
We put tools and technologies in your hands to make it easier to access care and services. Your Care Plan is a tool for Apple Health (Medicaid), Apple Health (Medicaid) and Behavioral Health Services Only (BHSO) Case Management members to help you:
- Stay connected with your care coordinator
- Get your care coordinator’s phone number and email address
- Send secure messages about diagnoses, goals, medicines, services and more
- View your goals and objectives
- Check due dates and statuses of goals and objectives
To use this tool:
- Choose Go to Your Care Plan below
- Log in or register if you don’t have an account
Healthy Rewards is a wellness program for eligible members at no cost to them. Amerigroup Washington, Inc. members can receive incentives for completing health screenings, well-visits, prescription refills, and other health-related activities. Earn rewards while you receive the care you need to create your healthy lifestyle. You can redeem the rewards you earn with gifts cards to retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Barnes & Noble.
You can earn rewards for eligible activities like:
- $25 for child and adolescent well-visits
- $25 for completing your child’s immunizations (vaccines) on schedule
- $25 for a chlamydia screening
- $50 for a breast cancer screening
- $25 for a diabetic retinal eye exam, as a part of your diabetes care
- Up to $40 for filling your high blood pressure or asthma prescription
- Up to $40 for filling your child’s ADHD prescription
- Up to $40 for seeking help for a substance use disorder following a visit to the emergency department
- Up to $40 for follow-up visits with your behavioral health provider after a hospital visit
Pregnant members and new mothers can get:
- $20 for completing a first prenatal appointment
- Up to $30 for attending ongoing prenatal visits
- $25 for completing a postpartum checkup between 7–84 days after delivery
Enroll now to earn your rewards
To find out what you’re eligible to earn, you can enroll in Healthy Rewards through your Amerigroup account and visit the Benefit Reward Hub. You can also enroll or learn more by calling Healthy Rewards at 888-990-8681 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.
If you need help setting up your Amerigroup online account, you can call Member Services at 800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Certain services may require a referral and/or preapproval. To learn more, visit our referrals and preapprovals page.
Your member resources
We know health care can be confusing. So here are some tools to help you keep track.
The handbook is your go-to guide for all the benefits included in your plan. Read it to learn about:
- The benefits you get through Amerigroup.
- The benefits you get through the state (using your ProviderOne services card).
- Your ID cards
- Important phone numbers
- Your member rights and responsibilities
- How we protect your privacy
- How to file complaints, appeals and administrative hearings
- And more
You can read your member handbook below:
Personalized treatment plan form
Did you know most doctor appointments only last 15 minutes? To get the most of your time, it’s good to be prepared. Fill out this form and bring it with you to your appointment.
An Ombuds is a person who can provide free and confidential help related to your behavioral health services. The Ombuds is a person who has had behavioral health services, or a person whose family member has had behavioral health services. They can help if you have a behavioral health grievance, appeal or fair hearing. The Ombuds is independent from Amerigroup Washington.