Getting Care 24/7
Where to go and when
When you need care right away, there are a lot of places to get help besides the emergency room (ER). An urgent care center can treat many things people often take to the ER.
In an emergency, always call 911. Otherwise call your PCP or Amerigroup On Call — they can tell you where to go for urgent, sick or routine care.
Your primary care provider (PCP) is listed on your ID card. He or she will:
- Get to know you and your health history
- Work with you to find specialists, treatment plans and medicines when needed
When you’re sick or hurt, always call your PCP first (unless it’s an emergency). Even if you call after hours, someone from the office should be on call and able to help.
If you haven’t seen your PCP before, call and make a new patient appointment within 90 days. It’s a good idea to see your doctor when you’re well, so he or she can better treat you when you aren’t.
You can change your PCP anytime unless you’re in the Patient Review and Coordination (PRC) program. To find a PCP in our plan, use our Find a Doctor search tool. To change your PCP, log in to your secure account or call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Amerigroup On Call
English: 1-866-864-2544 (TTY 711) | Spanish: 1-866-864-2545 (TTY 711)
Amerigroup On Call lets you call and speak with a nurse or doctor 24 hours a day, seven days a week — even on holidays.
Our team can:
- Give medical advice
- Help you figure out if you should go to the ER, an urgent care center or an after-hours clinic
- Help you in any language
LiveHealth Online lets you visit a doctor through video chat on your computer, tablet or smartphone. When you need to see a doctor late at night or can’t make it to your doctor’s office, LiveHealth Online can help. It’s an easy way to get care for you or your family without leaving home.
As an Amerigroup Washington member, you can use LiveHealth Online for free. Sign up now to get:
- Care right away for common health problems like colds, the flu, fever, pink eye, sore throat, sinus infection and more.
- Prescriptions sent right to your pharmacy if needed.*
- A doctor who speaks Spanish using Cuidado Médico on LiveHealth Online.
It’s easy to get started. Sign up for free at
livehealthonline.com or download the app:
Prescriptions determined to be a “controlled substance” (as defined by the Controlled Substances Act under federal law) cannot be prescribed using LiveHealth Online. LiveHealth Online is the trade name of Health Management Corporation, a separate company providing telehealth services on behalf of Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.
Urgent or after-hours care
An urgent health condition is not an emergency, but it needs medical attention within 24 hours. Call your PCP if you need urgent care. He or she can tell you where to go. Even if you call after hours, he or she or another doctor should be on call and able to help.
You may need urgent care if you have:
- Minor burns
- A very sore throat
- An injury from a fall
- Frequent vomiting
- A cut that’s deep enough to need stitches
- A fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- Muscle sprains or strains
To find an urgent care center near you, use our Find a Doctor search tool. You’ll need to visit an urgent care center in your plan.
An emergency health condition is when you need care immediately — without it, you could risk serious bodily injury or even death. If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room (ER).
Go to the ER if you:
- Have chest pains or trouble breathing
- Are bleeding badly
- Feel like you might hurt yourself or others
- Break a bone
- Have convulsions or seizures
- Lose consciousness
- Are pregnant and have signs of harm to yourself or your baby like pain, bleeding, fever or vomiting
Call your PCP as soon as possible after you get out of the ER or urgent care center. He or she can help you get follow-up care.
Behavioral health care
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or others, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room right away.
If you need help in a crisis, call our North Central Washington Crisis Line at 1-800-852-2923 (TTY 711). We’re available 24/7.
You can also call the ResourceWashington Recovery Help Line 1-866-789-1511 or Washington Recovery Help Line website for 24-hour substance abuse, problem gambling, and mental health support and treatment.
You can get behavioral health care from:
- Your PCP
- A plan Community Mental Health Center or substance use disorder agency
- Another behavioral health or substance use disorder provider in your plan
You don’t need a referral from your PCP to see a behavioral health specialist in your plan. There are some treatments and services that need preapproval before you can get them. To learn more, talk to your doctor.
Talk to your PCP or call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) if you:
- Need help getting behavioral health or substance use disorder services
- Think your behavioral health specialist doesn’t meet your needs
- Have questions about referrals or preapprovals