[Skip to Content]

Help with jobs, housing and living independently

Counselor and Child Client

Foundational Community Supports (FCS)

Living with a mental illness or a disability can make it hard for someone to find a job or a place to live. Our Foundational Community Supports (FCS) team is here to help.

What do I get with FCS?

A chance to live the life you want to live, with support from a real person along the way.

FCS starts with your housing and employment coordinator. They’ll get to know you and your care team — doctors, counselors, caretakers and family. Together with your provider, you’ll set goals and figure out what services you need to meet them.


Getting a job

Supported employment services, also called individual placement and support, can help you:

  • Look for the right job
  • Get ready for the interview
  • Succeed in your job by teaching helpful routines and working with your boss to ensure you get the aids and supports you need
Home Living

Living on my own

Supportive housing services, also called community support services, helps you find a place to live and get the support you need. Your coordinator can help you:

  • Find housing that meets your needs, including cost, location and setting
  • Understand how to sign a lease and work with a landlord
  • Learn skills for living on your own

Do I qualify for the FCS program?

The FCS program is for people with Apple Health (Medicaid) with behavioral or physical health issues. Your doctor, other provider, or your health plan may refer you to the program. If you think you qualify for services, talk with your provider. They will work with you to find out if you are qualified. 

You may qualify for supportive housing services if you need support to get or keep housing, are 18 or older and have one or more of the following:

  • A history of homelessness
  • Lived in a residential or nursing facility
  • Multiple or long-term stays in hospitals or prisons
  • Need a lot of help with complex health issues
  • Had a lot of in-home caregivers

You may qualify for supported employment services if you need support to get or keep a job, are 16 or older and one or more of the following are true for you:

  • Your age, disability or injury, or health issues make it hard for you to keep a job
  • You’ve gotten substance use treatment in the hospital or a facility
  • You’re in the Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) program

The conditions listed above do not guarantee eligibility.

For more information, view the Healthier Washington FCS Frequently Asked Question and Washington Health Care Authority Initiative 3 website.

Contact us

If you have questions or need help, we’re a click or call away.

E-mail FCSTPA@amerigroup.com

Phone 1-844-451-2828 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Your resources

To find an FCS provider, use our Find a Doctor search tool.
Search Now

FCS referral form:
Disenrollment form:
Provider change form:
Coordinated Entry
Washington State Coordinated Entry

To find an FCS provider, use our Find a Doctor search tool. 

Search Now

FCS Provider Directory