Planning for Healthy Babies®
We’ve served Georgia Families members with Planning for Healthy Babies® (P4HB) benefits since 2011. P4HB members get family planning, interpregnancy care and/or resource mother outreach services.
Family planning is important. That’s why Planning for Healthy Babies® members get important care and services from Amerigroup like:
- Family planning initial or annual exams
- Follow-up family planning visit
- Pap smears and pelvic exams
- Birth control services and supplies
- Family planning lab tests
- Emergency and urgent care services
- Sterilization/getting your fallopian tubes tied
- Multivitamins with folic acid or folic acid vitamins
- Certain shots for members 18-20
Interpregnancy Care members also get:
- Certain dental services
- Case management and Resource Mother Outreach
Resource Mother Outreach members get:
- Case management
- Referral services for emergency situations
- Education classes for mothers of very low birth weight babies
- Help with:
- Getting medicine
- Connecting with social services support
- Finding and using community resources
- $35 incentive for a prenatal visit in the first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment into Amerigroup Community Care
- $40 incentive for attending a postpartum visit 21 to 56 days after delivery
- $25 incentive for baby’s newborn check 3-5 days after delivery
- $25 incentive for attending at least six well-child checkups by 15 months of age
Or call 1-877-868-2004.
P4HB Family Planning is for uninsured women 18-44 who aren’t eligible for Medicaid or CHIP and:
- Have family income less than or up to 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) or
- Are losing Medicaid pregnancy coverage 60 days after they deliver their baby
P4HB Interpregnancy Care is for uninsured women 18-44 who aren’t eligible for Medicaid or CHIP and have:
- Family income less than or up to 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Delivered a very low birth weight baby on or after January 1, 2011
P4HB Resource Mother Outreach is for women age 18-44 who have delivered a baby with very low birth weight on or after January 1, 2011 and qualify under the Georgia Medicaid state plan for:
- Low-income Medicaid or
- Aged, Blind and Disabled (ABD) assistance
Getting you the right care
The Amerigroup Care Team is made up of health care experts who will help you by:
- Working with you to make healthy life choices
- Sharing health tips like how to take care of asthma
- Helping you take control of your health by completing a health risk screening
- Making sure you get the most out of your health plan
- Connecting you to health care programs like disease management
If you’d like a Care Team health care expert to call you:
- Send an email to the Care Team with:
- Your phone number
- The best time to reach you
Or call our:
- Case Management department at 678-587-4758
- Georgia Families 360°℠ Intake Line at 1-855-661-2021*
Everything we talk to you about is private.
*This number is for Georgia Families 360°℠ members only.
How to enroll in disease case management
- Call 1-888-830-4300 (TTY 711) toll free or
- Send an email. Include your:
- Full name
- Amerigroup ID number
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Condition(s) for which you’d like case management services
Your case manager will call you within five days to let you know you’re enrolled. If you don’t get a call, call 1-888-830-4300 (TTY 711) toll free Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time. Once you’re enrolled, you can leave private messages for your case manager 24 hours a day.
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most out of your benefits. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services like health education classes, case management and disease management
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Recertifying your benefits
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
The electronic version of your member handbook is searchable. Use "Ctrl + F" to search for keywords. If you’re using a Mac, use "Command + F."
Need your handbook mailed to you?
Call Member Services toll free at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
A referral is when your primary care provider (PCP) sends you to another provider for care. This care is often from a specialist. As an Amerigroup member, you don’t need a referral to see a provider who’s not your PCP as long as the provider works with your plan.
What is precertification?
Precertification is needed for:
- Inpatient admissions
- Certain behavioral health services like skills training
- Psychological testing
- Certain prescriptions
- Rehabilitation therapies (physical, occupational, respiratory, speech)
- Care from a provider who doesn’t work with your plan
As a member, you don’t make the request. Your PCP, specialist or other provider should send in the request. If your case doesn’t meet the rules for medically needed, we’ll send you a letter. The letter will tell you we could not OK the service and why.
Other benefit details can be found in your member handbook. If you have questions or would like a copy of your member handbook mailed to you, call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).