Planning for Healthy Babies®
We’ve served Georgia Families members with Planning for Healthy Babies® (P4HB) benefits since 2011. P4HB members get family planning, interpregnancy care and/or resource mother outreach services.
Family planning is important. That’s why Planning for Healthy Babies® members get important care and services from Amerigroup like:
- Family planning initial or annual exams
- Follow-up family planning visit
- Pap smears and pelvic exams
- Birth control services and supplies
- Family planning lab tests
- Emergency and urgent care services
- Sterilization/getting your fallopian tubes tied
- Multivitamins with folic acid or folic acid vitamins
- Certain shots for members 18-20
Interpregnancy Care members also get:
- Certain dental services
- Case management and Resource Mother Outreach
Resource Mother Outreach members get:
- Case management
- Referral services for emergency situations
- Education classes for mothers of very low birth weight babies
- Help with:
- Getting medicine
- Connecting with social services support
- Finding and using community resources
Visit the website to learn more about P4HB benefits.
Healthy Rewards is a no-cost, optional program for eligible members enrolled in our health plan. The program encourages you to complete healthy activities and screenings you need to create a healthy lifestyle and then rewards you with gift cards to popular retailers.
- $35 for pregnant moms who go to a prenatal appointment in their first trimester or within 42 days of joining the health plan
- $40 for new moms who go to their postpartum visit 7-84 days after delivery
- Up to $80 for well-baby visits
To access the Benefit Reward Hub, sign into your Amerigroup account and redeem your Healthy Rewards. You can also call the Healthy Rewards Customer Service Line at 888-990-8681 (TTY 711)) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
P4HB Family Planning is for uninsured women 18-44 who aren’t eligible for Medicaid or CHIP and:
- Have family income less than or up to 211 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) or
- Are losing Medicaid pregnancy coverage 6 months after they deliver their baby
P4HB Interpregnancy Care is for uninsured women 18-44 who aren’t eligible for Medicaid or CHIP and have:
- Family income less than or up to 211 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Delivered a very low birth weight baby on or after January 1, 2011
P4HB Resource Mother Outreach For women age 18-44, who have income at or below 211 percent of the Federal Poverty Line (FPL), within three years of delivery of a very low birth weight (VLBW) baby, and who qualify under Medicaid State plan.
Getting you the right care
The Amerigroup Care Team is made up of health care experts who will help you by:
- Working with you to make healthy life choices
- Sharing health tips like how to take care of asthma
- Helping you take control of your health by completing a health risk screening
- Making sure you get the most out of your health plan
- Connecting you to health care programs like disease management
If you’d like a Care Team health care expert to call you:
- Send an email to the Care Team with:
- Your phone number
- The best time to reach you
Or call our:
- Case Management department at 678-587-4758
- Georgia Families 360°℠ Intake Line at 1-855-661-2021*
Everything we talk to you about is private.
*This number is for Georgia Families 360°℠ members only.
How to enroll in disease case management
- Call 1-888-830-4300 (TTY 711) toll free or
- Send an email. Include your:
- Full name
- Amerigroup ID number
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Condition(s) for which you’d like case management services
Your case manager will call you within five days to let you know you’re enrolled. If you don’t get a call, call 1-888-830-4300 (TTY 711) toll free Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time. Once you’re enrolled, you can leave private messages for your case manager 24 hours a day.
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most out of your benefits. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services like health education classes, case management and disease management
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Recertifying your benefits
- How to reach Amerigroup Member Services if you have questions
The electronic version of your member handbook is searchable. Use "Ctrl + F" to search for keywords. If you’re using a Mac, use "Command + F."
Need your handbook mailed to you?
Call Member Services toll free at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
A referral is when your primary care provider (PCP) sends you to another provider for care. This care is often from a specialist. As an Amerigroup member, you don’t need a referral to see a provider who’s not your PCP as long as the provider works with your plan.
What is precertification?
Precertification is needed for:
- Inpatient admissions
- Certain behavioral health services like skills training
- Psychological testing
- Certain prescriptions
- Rehabilitation therapies (physical, occupational, respiratory, speech)
- Care from a provider who doesn’t work with your plan
As a member, you don’t make the request. Your PCP, specialist or other provider should send in the request. If your case doesn’t meet the rules for medically needed, we’ll send you a letter. The letter will tell you we could not OK the service and why.
Other benefit details can be found in your member handbook. If you have questions or would like a copy of your member handbook mailed to you, call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).