Welcome to Amerigroup Community Care! We're happy you’re here.
As a new member, we know you have questions, and we want you to get the most out of your benefits. Here are some tips to help you get started with your new health plan.
1. Look for your member ID card
You should have received your Amerigroup member ID card in the mail. You’ll use it to go to the doctor and other health care providers. If it’s been more than two weeks since you joined and you didn’t get your card, give us a call at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
2. Make an appointment with your primary care provider
Your main doctor is called a primary care provider. Your primary care provider is listed on your ID card and in your online account. Call to make an appointment with your primary care provider as soon as you can. Getting a checkup now will help your primary care provider learn about your medical history before any health issues occur.
Need help making your appointment?
We’re here for you! We can call your provider’s office with you to help you make an appointment. Call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
Need to change your primary care provider?
You can change your primary care provider using your online account or by calling Member Services.
3. Create your online account
To access the secure member area of our website, you’ll need to create your account. This will allow you to:
- Change your PCP
- View or print your member ID card
- Send a private message to Member Services
- Manage your prescriptions
It’s quick and easy to create your account! You’ll just need your member ID number (shown on your ID card), your birth date and your ZIP code.Create your account
Have a smartphone? Download our free app!
With our Amerigroup Mobile app, you’ll always have your member ID card with you! You can also:
- Find a doctor or hospital close by and get directions.
- Call a nurse to get answers to your medical questions anytime, day or night.
4. Learn more about your benefits
We want you to understand your benefits and receive the best possible care. Learn what you get with Amerigroup on your plan benefits page, including many extras just for being our member! You can also read your member handbook for details about your benefits. Find a copy of your handbook on your benefits page below.
Note: You need to renew your benefits each year. You’ll get a notice in the mail when it’s time to renew. If you move, make sure you give the state your new address. Learn more on our How to Renew page.
5. Know where to go when you’re sick or injured
Your PCP’s office
Always try to see your doctor first for issues — unless it’s an emergency.
Urgent care center
If your doctor’s office is closed, you can go to an urgent care center for minor problems like:
- Minor burns or injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Coughs, colds and sore throats
- Ear infections
- Allergic reactions (non-life-threatening)
- Fever or flu-like symptoms
- Rash or other skin irritations
- Mild asthma
- Animal bites
- Broken bones
911 or emergency room (ER)
Call 911 or go directly to the ER if you have any life-threatening symptoms like:
- Severe chest pains
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe bleeding or head trauma
- Loss of consciousness
- Sudden loss of vision or blurred vision
Get answers from your Quick Start Guide!
Contact Member Services
- Log in to your account to send us a secure message
- Call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time
- Georgia Families 360°SM members: Call the Member Intake Line at 1-855-661-2021 (TTY 711), available 24 hours a day