Welcome to Amerigroup!
We’re glad you chose us as your health plan. We’re here to help keep you and your family healthy.
How to get the most out of your plan
Choosing the right PCP is important. Your PCP is the person who’ll get to know you and your needs. You’ll see your PCP for:
- Sick visits
- Checkups and shots
- Special medical care if you need it
You can choose from the large group of doctors who work with our plan. To choose or change your PCP, go to:
Checkups are important — even if you aren’t sick. Well-care visits help your PCP learn more about your health now and take better care of you later.
Schedule a checkup with your PCP within your first three months as a member, and then once a year after that. Kids need well-care visits more often.
We cover well visits for children and adults from primary care providers who work with our plan — no referral needed! To learn more about well-care visits for adults and children, see your member handbook.
You can get prescriptions filled at pharmacies in your plan. To find a pharmacy in your plan:
- Go to “Find a Pharmacy”
- Ask the pharmacist if you don’t know if a pharmacy is part of your plan
- Call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711)
To learn more about getting your medicines, see your member handbook.
Your PCP’s office
Always try to see your doctor first for issues — unless it’s an emergency.
Urgent care center
If your doctor’s office is closed, you can go to an urgent care center for minor problems like:
- Minor burns or injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Coughs, colds and sore throats
- Ear infections
- Allergic reactions (non-life-threatening)
- Fever or flu-like symptoms
- Rash or other skin irritations
- Mild asthma
- Animal bites
- Broken bones
911 or emergency room (ER)
Call 911 or go directly to the ER if you have any life-threatening symptoms like:
- Severe chest pains
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe bleeding or head trauma
- Loss of consciousness
- Sudden loss of vision or blurred vision
With Amerigroup, you’ll get all of your regular Medicaid benefits, plus extras like:
- A routine vision exam and glasses each year
- Dental exams and cleanings every six months and X-rays each year
- A free/no-cost cellphone with free/no-cost monthly minutes, data and text messages
- Free round-trip rides to qualifying doctor visits
- Free Boys & Girls Club memberships for kids ages 6-18 (participating clubs only; excludes summer camp)
- Boy and Girl Scouts memberships
- Up to $65 in rewards cards for completing our Taking Care of Baby and Me® program
- Personal exercise kit
- Pest control for eligible members
- Respite care for caregivers of Georgia Families 360ºSM members
- Free flu shots at participating pharmacies
- Over $200 a year per member for certain over-the-counter medicines prescribed by your doctor
- Case management services
- Discount coupons to local retailers
- Free weight-management program for ages 10 and up
- And more!
Get answers from your member booklet.
Or you can:
- Log in to your account to:
- Send us a secure message or
- Schedule a call back
- Call Member Services at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time
- For Georgia Families 360°SM members: Call the Member Intake Line at 1-855-661-2021 (TTY 711), available 24 hours a day