DC Healthcare Alliance
We help you get all your DC Healthcare Alliance Program benefits, like doctor visits, lab and X-rays, shots, medicines, and more – all at no cost to you. We know health care is about more than just doctor visits, so our benefits are designed to help you live as healthy as you can be.EnrollRenew
Am I eligible?
Adults age 21 or older who do not qualify for Medicaid may still get health care through the DC Healthcare Alliance Program.
You may be eligible for the DC Healthcare Alliance Program if you:
- Are age 21 or older
- Live in the District of Columbia
- Do not have health insurance
- Are not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare and
- Meet certain income requirements
What you get with DC Healthcare Alliance
Have what you need to feel your best. The benefits and services we offer are designed to make a difference in your life.
With Amerigroup, you go to one main person for your health care. He or she can be a family or general practitioner, a nurse practitioner, an internist, a pediatrician, or an obstetrician/gynecologist. This person is called your primary care provider or PCP. More doctors and nurses join our plan every day.
To find a PCP in your area, visit our Find a Doctor page
Treatment for behavioral health and alcohol or substance abuse is not covered, except for medical treatment received in a hospital for life threatening withdrawal or withdrawal symptoms from alcohol or narcotic drugs.
You get a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter medicines when you choose Amerigroup. We work with IngenioRx to provide you medicines.
Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to Pharmacy page
Free dental benefits through DentaQuest if you’re age 21 or older
- Oral exam every six months
- Cleanings and fluoride treatments every six months
- Simple and complex surgical extractions
- Emergency care
- Space maintainers (partial dentures) when medically needed; X-rays
- Dentures (one new set every 5 years) and denture repair
- Oral surgery
- Free memberships for kids at the Boys & Girls Club, (DC locations only)*
- Capital Bikeshare day passes*
- Rides to community services, job interviews and more*
- $15 in over-the-counter medicines every three months*
- Take the GED test, on us*
- Fitness Coach: online health and wellness resources
- myStrength, a mental health and well-being app*
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link – search by ZIP code for free and low-cost community services*
- LiveHealth Online – this app gives you quick and easy access to doctors 24/7
- And more
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or look in the enrollee handbook to learn more.
Taking Care of Baby and Me® Healthy Rewards Incentives
- $25 reward for a prenatal visit in the first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment into Amerigroup
- $25 reward for attending the postpartum visit 21-56 days after delivery
For more information, visit our Healthy Rewards website or call 1-877-868-2004.
We put tools and technologies in your hands to make it easier to access care and services. Your Care Plan is a tool for DC Healthcare Alliance members. It helps you:
- Stay connected with your care coordinator
- Get your care coordinator’s phone number and email address
- Send secure messages about diagnoses, goals, medicines, services and more
- Stay up-to-date on your care plan
- View your goals and objectives
- Check due dates and statuses for your goals and objectives
Your member resources
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider and primary dental provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Renewing your benefits
- How to reach us if you have questions
- Member Handbook - English
- Member Handbook - Spanish
- Member Handbook - Amharic
- May 2019 Member Handbook Update - English
- May 2019 Member Handbook Update - Spanish
- May 2019 Member Handbook Update - Amharic