DC Healthcare Alliance Program
We help you get all your DC Healthcare Alliance Program benefits, like doctor visits, lab, X-rays, shots, medicines, and more — all at no cost to you. We know healthcare is about more than just doctor visits, so our benefits are designed to help you live as healthy as you can be.EnrollRenew
Am I eligible?
Adults age 21 or older who do not qualify for Medicaid may still get healthcare through the DC Healthcare Alliance Program.
You may be eligible for the DC Healthcare Alliance Program if you:
- Are age 21 or older
- Live in the District of Columbia
- Do not have health insurance
- Are not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare and
- Meet certain income requirements
What you get with the DC Healthcare Alliance Program
Have what you need to feel your best. Our benefits and services are designed to make a difference in your life.
With Amerigroup DC, you go to one main person for your healthcare. They can be a family or general practitioner, a nurse practitioner, an internist, a pediatrician, or an obstetrician/gynecologist. This person is called your primary care provider, or PCP. More doctors and nurses join our plan every day.
To find a PCP in your area, visit our Find a Doctor page.
Treatment for behavioral health and alcohol or substance abuse is not covered, except for medical treatment received in a hospital for life-threatening withdrawal or withdrawal symptoms from alcohol or narcotic drugs.
You get a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter medicines when you choose Amerigroup DC. We work with CarelonRx to provide you with medicines.
Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to Pharmacy page
Free dental benefits through Avesis if you’re age 21 or older
- Oral exam every six months
- Cleanings and fluoride treatments every six months
- Simple and complex surgical extractions
- Emergency care
- Space maintainers (partial dentures) when medically needed
- Dentures (one new set every 5 years) and denture repair
- Oral surgery
- An allowance to purchase over-the-counter supplies online or in store
- Free home-delivered meals to eligible enrollees after hospital discharge
- Virtual care options, including telehealth and Nurse HelpLine
- Transportation services, rideshare gift card, and Capital Bikeshare membership
- Asthma and COPD relief toolkit
- Feminine care collection
- Extracurricular sports support package
- Youth club memberships
- Free Chromebook for recent high school grads
- GED assistance
- Baby essentials bundle including Boppy pillow, highchair, booster seat, portable crib, car seat, breastfeeding support kit, or safe sleep kit
- Organic baby food
- Employment certification assistance
- Uniform and employment attire assistance
- Substance use disorder recovery support
- Amerigroup DC Community Resource Link — search by ZIP code for free and low-cost community services*
- LiveHealth Online – this app gives you quick and easy access to doctors 24/7
- Active Fit Kit that can include gym membership and WW® vouchers *Coming soon
- And more
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or look in the enrollee handbook to learn more.
Healthy Rewards is a no-cost, optional program for health plan enrollees. The program encourages you to get the care you need to create a healthy lifestyle and then rewards you with gift cards to popular retailers. You may be eligible to earn rewards for some of the activities below:
- Prenatal and postpartum visits
- Annual wellness and dental visits
- Cancer screenings
- Diabetes care
- Medication refills
Enroll and earn rewards
To see what you’re eligible to earn, enroll in Healthy Rewards by logging into your Amerigroup DC account and visiting the Benefit Reward Hub. You can also enroll in the program or learn more by calling Healthy Rewards at 888-990-8681 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
If you need help setting up your Amerigroup DC online account, call Enrollee Services at 800-600-4441 (TTY 711).
We put tools and technologies in your hands to make it easier to access care and services. Your Care Plan is a tool for DC Healthcare Alliance Program enrollees. It helps you:
- Stay connected with your care coordinator.
- Get your care coordinator’s phone number and email address.
- Send secure messages about diagnoses, goals, medicines, services and more.
- Stay up-to-date on your care plan.
- View your goals and objectives.
- Check due dates and statuses for your goals and objectives.
Your enrollee resources
Your enrollee handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how to get the most from Amerigroup DC. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits.
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination, and our Health Home program.
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup DC enrollee.
- How to choose a primary care provider or primary dental provider.
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed.
- Renewing your benefits.
- How to reach us if you have questions.
- Alliance Enrollee Handbook - English
- Alliance Enrollee Handbook - Spanish
- Alliance Enrollee Handbook - Amharic
- Alliance Enrollee Handbook - Chinese Traditional
- Alliance Enrollee Handbook - French
- Alliance Enrollee Handbook - Korean
- Alliance Enrollee Handbook - Vietnamese