Immigrant Children’s Program
We help you get all your child’s Immigrant Children’s Program benefits, like doctor visits, lab and X-rays, shots, medicines, and more – all at no cost to you. We know health care is about more than just doctor visits, so our benefits are designed to help your child live as healthy as they can be.EnrollRenew
Am I eligible?
Immigrant children and young adults under 21 who do not qualify for Medicaid may still get health care through the Immigrant Children’s Program.
Your child may be eligible for the Immigrant Children’s Program if they:
- Are under the age of 21
- Live in the District of Columbia
- Are not eligible for Medicaid and
- Meet certain income requirements
What you get with Immigrant Children’s Program
We help your child get the services and support they need, plus special extras just for being our member. Our extra benefits are designed with kids in mind.
Maintaining good health is important. With Amerigroup, you go to one main person for your health care. He or she can be a family or general practitioner, a nurse practitioner, an internist, a pediatrician, or an obstetrician/gynecologist. This person is called your primary care provider or PCP. More doctors and nurses join our plan every day.
To find a PCP in your area, visit our Find a Doctor page.
Everyone struggles at times, and everyday problems can lead to depression, anxiety, and alcohol or drug abuse. We’re here if you or a family member needs help. We have doctors, therapists and counselors to help you with your behavioral health needs. All behavioral health services and treatments are private, and you don’t need a referral from your PCP.
To find a provider in your area, visit our Find a Doctor page.
You get a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter medicines when you choose Amerigroup. We work with IngenioRx to provide you medicines.
Visit the Pharmacy page to find a pharmacy near you and check if your medicine is covered.Go to Pharmacy page
Free adult dental benefits through DentaQuest
- Oral exam every six months
- X-rays once every three years
- Teeth cleaning every six months
- Tooth extraction and fillings (when medically needed)
These services are covered when you use an approved dental care provider. To make an appointment or find a dentist near you, or choose or change your primary dental provider, call DentaQuest at 1-844-876-7918 (TTY 711).
Free vision benefits through Avesis
- Glasses (frames and lenses) once every 24 months, or sooner if you lose your glasses or your prescription changes
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT) services for kids under 21, including regularly scheduled, and as needed, eye exams and eyeglasses
These services are covered when you use an approved eye care provider. To make an appointment or find an eye doctor near you, call Avesis at 1-833-554-1012 (TTY 711).
- Free memberships for kids at the Boys & Girls Club, (DC locations only)*
- Capital Bikeshare day passes*
- Rides to community services, job interviews and more*
- $15 in over-the-counter medicines every three months*
- Take the GED test, on us*
- Fitness Coach: online health and wellness resources
- myStrength, a mental health and well-being app*
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link – search by ZIP code for free and low-cost community services*
- LiveHealth Online – this app gives you quick and easy access to doctors 24/7
- And more
*Different eligibility rules apply to each benefit. Call us at 1-800-600-4441 (TTY 711) or look in the enrollee handbook to learn more.
Taking Care of Baby and Me® Healthy Rewards Incentives
- $25 reward for a prenatal visit in the first trimester or within 42 days of enrollment into Amerigroup
- $25 reward for attending the postpartum visit 21-56 days after delivery
For more information, visit our Healthy Rewards website or call 1-877-868-2004.
We put tools and technologies in your hands to make it easier to access care and services. Your Care Plan is a tool for Immigrant Children’s Program members. It helps you:
- Stay connected with your care coordinator
- Get your care coordinator’s phone number and email address
- Send secure messages about diagnoses, goals, medicines, services and more
- Stay up-to-date on your care plan
- View your goals and objectives
- Check due dates and statuses for your goals and objectives
Your member resources
Your member handbook is your go-to guide for health services. It tells you how you can get the most from Amerigroup. Read it to find out about:
- Your benefits
- Special programs and services, including case management, service coordination and our Health Home program
- Your rights and responsibilities as an Amerigroup member
- How to choose a primary care provider or primary dental provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- Renewing your benefits
- How to reach us if you have questions
- Member Handbook - English
- Member Handbook - Spanish
- Member Handbook - Amharic
- May 2019 Member Handbook Update - English
- May 2019 Member Handbook Update - Spanish
- May 2019 Member Handbook Update - Amharic